Puglia, a region located in the southeastern part of Italy, has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot summers. Here’s a general description of the weather in Puglia throughout the year:
- January: The winter months in Puglia are mild with temperatures averaging around 10°C (50°F) during the day and dropping to around 4°C (39°F) at night. January is typically one of the coldest months with occasional rainfall and a chance of snow in the higher elevations.
- February: February is similar to January with mild temperatures, occasional rain, and some snowfall in the higher elevations.
- March: As the weather starts to warm up, temperatures begin to rise to around 13°C (55°F) during the day and around 6°C (43°F) at night. March is still considered part of the low season, and visitors will find fewer crowds and lower prices.
- April: April is a beautiful time to visit Puglia when the landscape is lush and green, and the weather is mild with temperatures averaging around 17°C (63°F) during the day and around 9°C (48°F) at night.
- May: May is a popular month for visitors, as the weather becomes warmer and more stable. Temperatures typically range from 20°C (68°F) to 25°C (77°F) during the day, with mild evenings.
- June: The summer season officially begins in June with temperatures reaching around 28°C (82°F) during the day and around 17°C (63°F) at night. The region’s beaches are popular during this month, and the sea temperature starts to become more inviting for swimming.
- July: July is one of the hottest months with temperatures averaging around 31°C (88°F) during the day and around 21°C (70°F) at night. It’s the peak of the summer season, and the region’s beaches and tourist destinations can get crowded.
- August: August is the hottest month in Puglia, with temperatures averaging around 32°C (90°F) during the day and around 22°C (72°F) at night. It’s the busiest month for tourism, and visitors can expect crowded beaches and tourist destinations.
- September: September is a popular month for visitors who want to avoid the summer crowds but still enjoy the warm weather. Temperatures typically range from 25°C (77°F) to 28°C (82°F) during the day and around 18°C (64°F) at night.
- October: October is a mild month with temperatures averaging around 21°C (70°F) during the day and around 12°C (54°F) at night. Rainfall becomes more frequent, and the autumn foliage can be seen throughout the region.
- November: November is similar to October, with mild temperatures and occasional rainfall. The temperatures typically range from 16°C (61°F) to 11°C (52°F) during the day and around 6°C (43°F) at night.
- December: December is one of the coldest months in Puglia, with temperatures ranging from around 12°C (54°F) during the day to around 5°C (41°F) at night. Rainfall becomes more frequent, and visitors can enjoy the Christmas markets and festivities in the region.
Overall, Puglia is a destination that can be enjoyed year-round, with mild winters, warm springs and autumns, and hot summers.